Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, June 20, 2009

    Father's Day Playlist

    Music is a huge part of my life. I love escaping into a good song to either echo or improve my mood. I have a playlist in my ipod for almost every occasion: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Summer Kickoff, lake playlists for accountability retreat, date night, going to school songs for Annalise, and on and on. I even have the official Father's Day playlist. Here it is:

    Takin' Care of Business- Bachman Turner Overdrive
    Gory Days- Bruce Springsteen
    American Man- Velvet Revolver
    Jesus Walks (Remix)- Kanye with Common and Ma$e
    Ain't Nothin' Wring With That- Robert Randolph and the Family Band
    Freedom Fighter- Creed
    Fortunate Son- CCR
    Stand By Me- Ben E. King
    Lord Give Me a Sign- DMX
    Worker's Song- Dropkick Murphys
    Ruin Me- Jeff Johnson
    Who Says You Can't Go Home- Bon Jovi
    Father Let Me Dedicate- Matt Redman

    What songs would you add? Here's my criteria: It does not have to be directly about being a dad. It has to be a man song (Cinderella and Butterfly Kisses need not apply). It has to be sung by a guy (Whatta Man by Salt n Pepa does not make the cut). Give me some suggestions or post your own playlist for Dad's Day.

    Happy Father's Day to all my bros out there who know how tough it is to be a dad. Watch some golf, cook a steak, do something "mannish," and pray with your family this weekend. There's nothing more manly than a dad who can get on his knees with his family and ask God for His blessing on them. Be the man!

    No comments: